The Union of Concerned Scientists reached out to us with a job offering that they would like us to help fill!
Now Hiring Part-Time Consultant:
Union of Concerned Scientists Indiana Grassroots Organizer
Do you love science?
Can you mobilize people in Indiana to advocate for science-based policies that protect public health, clean air and water, and the climate?
The Union of Concerned Scientists is seeking a committed and experienced part-time consultant to do grassroots organizing in Indiana. Work from home and around the state to recruit, train and mobilize a team of activists to defend science, and scientists, from the latest attacks in Congress and the Administration that threaten the well-being of communities and the environment.
Details and scope of work:
- Part time (approximately 20 hours/week) paid consultant position reports to UCS staff remotely
- Expected duration of consultancy: through September 2018
- Recruit and meet with activists, including for trainings, strategy sessions, and lobby days
- Recruit and meet with influential leaders in the community – well known individuals from businesses, universities, etc. – engaging them in your campaigns
- Build civic engagement skills of activists, from advocacy to engaging local media
- Mobilize advocates and activists to take action in defense of science-based policies that are under attack in Congress and by the Administration using a variety of effective tactics
- Coordinate with local coalition partners
- Work from home and travel throughout the state
- At least 3-5 years of experience with grassroots organizing
- Familiarity with the political process
- Strong preference for someone with direct experience engaging in legislative advocacy and issue campaigns in Indiana
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and flexibility to respond to fast-changing campaign needs
- Access to a car for travel around the state
- Effective communicator, from one- on- one to meeting facilitation
They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so apply now!